Olympic Hopeful Shane Kline Wins Tour of Somerville in Open Pro/Category 1
LADERA RANCH, Calif., June 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — SmartStop Asset Management, LLC (SmartStop) announced today that Shane Kline, an American cyclist and Olympic hopeful sponsored by SmartStop® Self Storage, earned first place in the 50-mile 2018 Tour of Somerville men’s pro/category one race on May 28 in Somerville, New Jersey.
“Shane is an inspiring racer with an impressive focus and we were thrilled to see him take the win at the 75th annual Tour of Somerville on Memorial Day,” said H. Michael Schwartz, chief executive officer of SmartStop. “SmartStop is proud to sponsor Shane and we are excited to follow him on his journey as he seeks to compete on behalf of the United Statesat the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.”
Kline’s win in Somerville follows his wins at the Daniel Harwi Memorial 31st Annual Lower Providence Spring Classic Criterium on April 22 in Lower Providence, Pa., and the USA CRITS Speed Week Commerce Pro Men race on April 25 in Athens, Georgia.
Kline is scheduled to compete in the following upcoming races:
- The 2018 World Series of Bicycling in Trexlertown, Pennsylvania, including:
- UCI U.S. Sprint Gran Prix on June 8,
- UCI Fastest Man on Wheels on June 15,
- UCI Festival of Speed on June 22,
- UCI Keirin Cup on June 29, and
- UCI Madison Cup on June 30.
- The Armed Forces Cycling Classic in Arlington, Virginia on June 9 – 10.